Yesterday state lawmakers approved a $183.2 billion budget which Governor Brown is expected to sign before the new fiscal year starts on July 1.
- School spending will go up 4.2% to $74.5 billion
- UC funding will increase by $131.2 million
- Cal State gets an additional $162.3 million
- Dam rules will be strengthened
- The shady bill to make recall timelines longer was approved, a direct result of Josh Newman
- $546 million in tobacco tax money will be used to reimburse doctors, dentists, and other healthcare providers
- Nearly $50 million will go to expanded legal services for illegal aliens