Qatar extends travel ban on Gitmo 5

WASHINGTON (AP) — Qatar has agreed to temporarily extend travel bans on five senior Taliban leaders released last year from the prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, in exchange for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, a senior U.S. official said on Sunday.

The official said the ban would remain in place until diplomatic talks for a longer-term solution are completed. The restrictions had been due to expire on Monday under a May 2014 exchange for Bergdahl. U.S. officials said Friday the Obama administration was closing in on an agreement with Qatar to extend the restrictions for six months that could be announced this weekend. It was not immediately clear why that agreement had not been finalized. more

12 Comments on Qatar extends travel ban on Gitmo 5

  1. “The official said the ban would remain in place until diplomatic talks for a longer-term solution are completed. ”
    Gee, ya mean like put them in jail? Sheesh. You couldn’t make this stuff up.

  2. Just how long to these morons in DC think this temporary ban will last when a real threat is made against the Qataris? Geezuz, Qatar or at the very least elements inside Qatar already aid and abet the Islamic Terrorists and Obama and his henchmen think they’ll keep the bargain now that it’s politically inconvenient to Obama to lets these guys go? Hell, subcontract the Mossad to do some stable cleaning.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.