Vince McMahon is selling off $100,000,000 dollars of WWE stock and is financing a new football league.
He sees a void and is intent on filling it.
People are just not going to watch a SJW league trash the United States. So the guy who launched the XFL decades ago is going to try it again, using the Trump phrase MAGA – the MAGAFL.
He says he knows he can count on his friend, president Trump, to endorse the league, tweet it, promote it, etc.
EMOLUMENTS CLAUSE VIOLATION!!!!!
Uhhh, no. It’s not.
Here are eight keys to success for McMahon–or any potential rival seeking to take fans and advertisers away from the stumbling and out-of-touch NFL–to consider as they contemplate how to dethrone that fading sports institution:
- Compete directly with the NFL in the fall, not the spring.
- Focus on traditional rules and style of play, including mandatory standing by players for the national anthem.
- Build your brand around traditional American values. MAGAFL, for instance, fits that bill better than XFL.
- Recruit players people know, like, and will root for.
- Place franchises in cities with high populations of Trump supporters.
- Select network broadcast partners who are not part of the anti-Trump mainstream media.
- Find advertisers who support traditional American values, like Chick-Fil-A and Hobby Lobby.
- Hire announcers who focus on football and support traditional American values.