Seven Republicans bucked the party line on Tuesday and voted with House Democrats to grant illegal aliens amnesty.
Seven House Republicans voted for the Americans Dream and Promise Act of 2019, which would grant amnesty to more than two million illegal immigrants.
The legislation would grant illegal immigrants ten years of legal residence status if they were to meet specific requirements, after which they would receive permanent green cards after completing two years of higher education or military service, or after working for three years.
Only seven Republicans voted in favor of the amnesty bill, while no Democrats voted against the legislation.
The seven Republicans who voted on Tuesday with Democrats to grant illegal aliens amnesty include:
- Congressman Don Bacon (R-NE)
- Congressman Mario Diaz-Balart (R-FL)
- Congressman Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA)
- Congressman Will Hurd (R-TX)
- Congressman Dan Newhouse (R-WA)
- Congressman Chris Smith (R-NJ)
- Congressman Fred Upton (R-MI)