This is what Fur has been telling us for so long. We need to meet the left on their battlefield and take back our values and culture.
Breitbart – “Conservatives don’t want to pay attention to the culture. This is why you keep losing,” said Breitbart News’s Senior Editor-at-Large Rebecca Mansour on Friday’s edition of SiriusXM’s Breitbart News Tonight.
“There are a lot of folks saying, ‘Why are you harping on Hollywood?’” said Mansour.
“Whoever controls the culture,” she explained, “you control the future, you control the dialogue. Conservatives and Republicans, unless you get a handle on the culture, unless you start to be involved in the culture, unless you start to create [and] nurture artists of your own, you’re never going to get anywhere. You’re just going to be standing athwart history shouting, ‘Stop!’ instead of moving history in your direction.”
Mansour used Harriet Beecher Stowe’s novel Uncle Tom’s Cabin as an historical example of the power of a work of popular culture to dramatically affect political change.
Stowe’s novel awakened the broader public to the evil of slavery, not the political activities of the anti-slavery abolitionist movement, explained Mansour:
What was the thing that finally animated the North during the 1850s and 1860s to get behind the Abolitionist Movement? A majority of citizens in the North during the pre-Civil War era were not abolitionists. The abolitionists were kind of kooky people off to the fringe. They were religious people. They were viewed very much the way the pro-life movement is viewed now, ‘Oh, those extremist religious people.’ … The majority of the country just didn’t care [about slavery].
The thing that finally animated it in the minds of the people was when this little lady by the name of Harriet Beecher Stowe wrote a bestselling book called Uncle Tom’s Cabin.
*snip* Remember the list of 45 Communist Goals read into the Congressional record in 1963? Numbers 20 through 28 have to do with subverting American culture and values. They are winning.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policy-making positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a “religious crutch.”
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”