CFP: Flu fear is in the air! Emergency rooms are swamped. Sore throat? Nasal congestion? Get thee to the hospital! Now!
We know we should believe this because the media tell us so.
- “Get Ready, Some Medical Experts Are Predicting the Worst Flu Season In History,” declares a CNBC headline.
- “Here’s Why the Flu Is Especially Bad This Year,” says Time.
- “Five Things You Should Know About This Year’s Very Bad Flu,” proclaims The Washington Post.
- We repeatedly hear of “deadly flu” and are told in dire terms that over 100 Americans have died from it as of January 11.
- The anti-viral Tamiflu could be very helpful, but there are localized shortages. (Because of the hype, of course.)