Longmont, CO: 2-Year-Old Tests Positive For Pot

CBS Denver

2-year-old Evelyn tested positive for pot after her parents said she ate a cookie found on the ground (credit: CBS)

LONGMONT, Colo. (CBS4)– Police in Longmont are trying to figure out how a toddler got her hands on marijuana that made her sick.

Two year old Evelyn tested positive for pot and ended up in the hospital but her mother doesn’t know how the child came into contact with the now-legal drug.

Evelyn’s mother, Aida Hernandez, believes the child ate part of a cookie she found on the ground in the grass outside of their apartment.

“It was brown, like a chocolate chip cookie,” said Hernandez.

Hernandez said she took it away from her but about a half hour later noticed something was wrong.

“She was asleep, she was opening and closing her eyes and she couldn’t walk  really well. She was weak,” said Hernandez.

Hernandez said they immediately went to the hospital where doctors said the toddler tested positive for THC, the active ingredient in marijuana.

“They do a blood test and that’s when they told me. That was a surprise,” said Hernandez.

Police in Longmont are investigating but said they do believe the mother. Officers searched the home for any signs of marijuana use and found nothing.

Hernandez also said she has agreed to take a blood test.

“It’s everywhere now that it’s legal they have it everywhere,” said Hernandez.



14 Comments on Longmont, CO: 2-Year-Old Tests Positive For Pot

  1. Can’t wait for all those in control of heavy infrastructure to start falling asleep at the wheel. Remember, CO is carbon monoxide. Just like the state.

  2. Before reading any names I thought “Hispanic” and Wah-Lah. A stoned America. Nancy was right in the 80s.
    At least the kid didn’t get stoned to death. Oohhh! Da-da Pssss!

  3. which came first? A cookie in the grass or the grass in the cookie?

    Ah yes, the age old conundrum.

  4. *Throws BS flag*…..How is it possible a stoner didn’t finish a chocolate chip cookie made with hash butter?

Comments are closed.