Mattis says Aussie report of US plan to bomb Iran is ‘fiction’

AT: The Australian Broadcasting Corporation reported, and we passed along on Friday, that Australian government officials had been informed of US plans at attack Iran in August. But Secretary of Defense General James Mattis has completely dismissed this as “fiction.”  The Australian Associated Press described him as looking “bewildered” when asked about it at the start of a press conference Friday:

A bewildered Mattis was quizzed by US reporters in Washington DC on Friday about the ABC report.

The ‘exclusive’ report quoted unnamed senior Australian government figures and claimed Australian defence facilities would likely play a role in identifying targets in Iran.

‘I have no idea where the Australian news people got that information,’ Mattis told reporters.

‘I’m confident it is not something that’s being considered right now, and I think it’s a complete – frankly, it’s – it’s fiction.

‘It’s the best I can give you.’

MORE

9 Comments on Mattis says Aussie report of US plan to bomb Iran is ‘fiction’

  1. “It’s the best I can give you.”

    What WiscoDave said.

    Remember a year ago, when “somebody” leaked a transcript of Trump’s conversation with the Aussie PM?

    6
  2. “A bewildered Mattis…” ha ha, you run with that, MSM. Maybe one of your enterprising knuckleheads can push the envelope with “a flummoxed Mattis” in the next round.

    5
  3. A “bewildered” Mattis say’s he always carries a knife because “there may be cheese cake, or I may have to slit someones throat.” LOL

    2

Comments are closed.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!