Woman Vomited Blood at Dominican Resort, Alleges Her 7UP Was Filled With Bleach: Reports.
A Brooklyn woman said that she vomited blood at a resort in the Dominican Republic after drinking a 7UP soda that was allegedly filled with bleach, according to local reports.
Awilda Montes said she was on vacation at the Luxury Bahia Principe Bouganville Resort last October when it happened.
“You finally get those days off you look forward to and something like this will happen?” said Montes, CBS New York reported. “You just don’t expect this.”
Elaborating, she said that she got a 7UP bottle from the minibar in her hotel room and allegedly found bleach instead of soda.
“I was cautious when I took a gulp of it,” said Montes. “I immediately felt it burn me, burn my mouth, burn my tongue.”
“My mouth was on fire,” she added. “When I spit it out in bathroom sink it was blood. I was just irrigating my mouth.”
Doctors treated her for pain and vomiting, she told CBS. “I was miserable,” she told the NewYork Daily News. “I was vomiting. I had stomach pains. The chemical burns were all over.
“I still don’t have sensation in my tongue.
“The next day I was nauseous,” she claimed. “I was in pain, and all I could have was ice.”
The resort apologized, Montes said, and it offered dinner reservations and a massage as compensation. more here