If swallowed, these could kill you – IOTW Report

If swallowed, these could kill you

button-batteries-orlando-fl

Button batteries

Brianna Florer, 2, died after she ingested a small battery at her Oklahoma home.

Brianna Florer, 2, died after she ingested a small battery at her Oklahoma home.


13 Comments on If swallowed, these could kill you

  1. Can also explode if you short them.

    (not stock market short, electrical short)

    I’ve been told … I’ve never tried it.

  2. I take handfuls of them, drop in a cup. Cup gets warm, nothing explodes. Their real concern should be the lipo batteries that are as small as some button cells.

  3. Poor little kid.

    I thought most of those batteries were put in products that had screws on the latches?

    “I want to keep these things out of houses,” he said. “They are dangerous.”

    Or you can keep an eye on your kid and don’t buy toys with loose battery compartments. How about that?

    I feel bad for gramps and them, but I use batteries like those on a few of my medical devices, and no one I know, including me, have swallowed any.

  4. Adults are more dangerous in my house. They can’t pick up their feet and they trip on rugs. I now greet them outside or don’t answer the door. Kids will stick anything in their mouths including those laundry pods, they look like candy.

  5. Exactly, Moetom. I understand that the grandfather is grieving, but he wants to “keep them out of houses.” In other words, he wants to ban them. Probably a libtard.

Comments are closed.